i-Vertix Plugin Pack v.20220912
Includes Speedtest.net plugin, improvements and fixes
- Alcatel Omniswitch: spanning tree critical only when status “broken”
- Cisco (IOS, SBS): spanning tree critical only when status “broken”
- Cisco NeDi: excluded Cisco IOS
- Voice Gateway (VGxxx) from Cisco Standard switch
- Cisco Meraki: for cache mode filter parameters set on Host
- HP standard: spanning tree critical only when status “broken”
- IIS (iVertix agent): add missing default values on HTPL
- Linux local NTP: STPL change threshold -> if no peer available raise CRITICAL and not WARNING
- Hyper-V: new discovery job “ivertix-agent-apps-microsoft-hyperv-local-node-replication-vm”
- Windows i-Vertix Agent: new STPL “autostart services”
- Apache CouchDB
- Cisco Voice Gateway IOS (HTPL, NeDi)
- Fortinet ADC
- Netapp Ontap OnCommand
- Nokia TimOS
- Speedtest.net – Internet bandwidth
- Windows Agent – add STPL to check autostart services
- Dell ME4xxx – fixed CMDS for Controller- and Volume statistics
- Oracle SQL (custom): correct CMD – sql-statement start and ends now with “”
Speedtest.net - Internet Bandwidth
Speedtest.net, also known as Speedtest by Ookla, is a web service that provides free analysis of Internet access performance metrics, such as connection data rate and latency. It is the flagship product of Ookla, a web testing and network diagnostics company founded in 2006, and based in Seattle, Washington, United States.
The service measures the data throughput (speed) and latency (connection delay) of an Internet connection. Each test measures the data rate for the
download direction, i.e. from the server to the user computer, and the upload data rate, i.e. from the user’s computer to the server. The tests are performed within the user’s web browser or within apps.
Tests were previously performed using the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) at Layer 7 of the OSI model. To further improve accuracy, Speedtest.net now performs tests via direct Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) sockets and uses a custom protocol for communication between servers and clients.
Using the Plugin released by i-Vertix, it is now possible to perform automatic download and upload tests of your bandwidth directly from the IT Monitoring solution and immediately understand wether something is not working as expected.
The configuration takes almost no time: all you need to do is to indicate the login credentials of the machine that will perform the verification work, which can also be a remote server, and the thresholds of the values considered critical in case the bandwidth does not go below.
i-Vertix will provide details on the actual download, upload and ping values (image 1), and it is possible to keep track of any anomalies over time thanks to the timeline (image 2) or through graphs where a certain time interval can be set (image 3).
If you are interested in knowing more about what we can do for you and for your company, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will be more than happy to listen to your needs and discuss together to find the solutions that best fits your necessities!